Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Peering through the key hole adventures


The Kidd-li-winks wrote amazing stories about their adventures through the keyhole. Here are a few of them. Come in to Room 8 to read some others.

Bowen helping his buddy create a taniwha
Maybe this taniwha inspired Bowen's writing?
When I was outside a random door fell out of no where until it got stuck in the garden. Splash! A lot of mud came out of the ground. The sticky mud covered the smooth, old, cracked door. Meanwhile I caught a glimpse of a colourful crazy world through the key hole. Feeling horrid I slowly opened the...door. I quickly shut my eyes and screamed because I thought I saw a taniwha as a guardian of the marae. He sped away to let me come in. On the outside of the marae there were ancient Maori patterns. Inside there were korus. I dashed into the party room inside the marae. Inside the marae there were joyful people dressed in their pjs telling legends about taniwhas. Just as I was going to tell one something knocked on the window...what was it? It was a taniwha. How could it be? Taniwhas haven't been seen for thousands of years! Suddenly I thought since no one has seen one it could be a trick. I went to see what it was. It was a taniwha! Wait a minute taniwhas don't have 3 voices! I look around for a zip. I found one. I undid it. There were three of my friends pranking me. We all went in for tea. When I went through the door I ended up at home. Wow!
Author Bowen

"Bath time," shouted mum. I stop the running bath and hopped in.  I wondered why it was so bumpy. I peered down below me and there was something brown.  Quickly I pulled the plug and as the water drained away I saw a door.  It was rough and all different type's of woods,birch wood, oak wood, jungle wood, spiky ^^^ pine wood! It was a BIG suprise, IT WAS A DOOR! Wait did I s@y door two times!?!  The water was slowly draining away because of the key hole. That was good because I actually wanted to look through it so when the water was washed  away I could LOOK in the key hole! So now after the water was gone I peered through the key hole and murmured "White and blue?"  Then ^>!^>SPARK!>z><z>!z>z<! "O...OKAY" I stammered. I looked again... ^z><z>! Then I reached for  the door handle. I gulped. WAW WAW E E E E E E  O O O O O O O O O O WA SLAM "Was that a Wubbox(Its the RAREST monster In the monster UNIVERSE!)" So I opened the door again! BOO ZUKA ZA BOO SHUKA ZA ZA ZA ZA ZA Z SLAM! Grumpere! (a monster worth a thousand diamonds). Then I fully opened the DOOOOOOOOOOOOOR! THUMP! Yikes that was scary! So I went to explore around  the place. I heard more stuff, stuff, stuff, STUFF EEK! I turned around... Oh it's just a Dragong ( a monster worth 25000 diamonds). After a while the Dragong was still following me! "Cool! I've got a pet Dragong!" I found a small cave it had sparkly stuff! I found a pick-axe and rope. I went mining for dimonds 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,11,12, 8 Years later........ 2 5 0 0 0! They were BRIGHT green and sparkling in the dark cave. I went outta the cave by rope. The Dragong was still in th... COOL! It's climbing with it's gongs on its feet! CLANG! CLING! CRASH! Yay were out of the cave. I saw the door straight in front of me! CREAK! I'm back in my bed I saw the door on my bed. I saw the Dragong's gong... CLANG I gripped onto it I pulled it out... CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!                                 
It was my own pet Dragong!

Author Jerome


This is a Dragong
My Mum and me were gardening happily. Suddenly a door popped up through the grass. The door was covered in sloppy slugs and was old and rusty. It had looked like it had been there for thousands of years. I peered through the key hole bent down and saw lots of glittering bamboo sticks. On one side there was one panda on the other side there was two pandas. Excitedly I reached to turn the handle. Creek the door handle slowly opened, it was beautiful inside. I looked left and right and the pandas were no where to be seen. I looked straight ahead. In the distance I saw a faint shadow of three pandas. Tip top tip toe tip toe tip toe. "Come here boys" they crept closer and closer and closer until they were all cuddled up in my arms. They were cuddly baby pandas. They were 50cm long. They were making crying noises. It sounded like it was comping from their stomach. Since they were all babies that would mean they have lost their mother. "Come on lets get you some food" Snap crack "Here's some bamboo". Chomp chomp crunch crunch chomp chomp crucnh crunch. Snap we made a hut with the bamboo. Chomp chomp chomp "Arhg it's destroyed". "Aaaa" I sighed. "You little cheeky munchkins". "Ok lets go for an explore". That got them out of mischief. All you could see was bamboo the whole way through. Eventually we found their mum. "Eek eek eek" she seemed to say "Thank you for taking care of my babies". When she lost her babies her eyes were filled of tears when she found her babies her eyes were filled with sparkly diamonds. Suddenly the door popped up in a random place. "bye I have to go. I'm sorry". I stood by the door. All four pandas came up and put a sad face on. "Right I'll stay but only if you be good". The only terrible thing is I have to munch on bamboo for the rest of my life.
Author Henrietta

Suddenly out of no where came a huge shadow in the ice. It had a square body and a triangle handle. It was a door. I peered through and saw T-rex's eyes, Stegasaurus' spikes some were flat and some were spiky like a trident. When I looked at them I was scared at first but I was brave. I opened and saw a cave and a volcano. I was so close to the volcano. The ground was shaking and lava went every where around it. I ran as fast as I could. Suddenly I ran in some deep mud. The mud felt like it was dried sand and smelt like snow. "Ahhh, it's making me sink. I found a vine. I held on to it and pulled myself out. After I heard a noise. "Roooaaar tick tock the door will be closing in one minute who ever is left will be killed by the dinosaurs".After the ground shook rocks fell and blocked the door. I tried to climb over. Some were slippery so I put down my bag and got out a 20m long ladder and used it to climb over the rocks and had freedom!!
Author Zane

Running to the pantry I opened the doors. Suddenly the Nutrigrain exploded. Nutrigrain was flying everywhere and a door appeared. It looked like it was scratched everywhere. The door handle was a little bit bumpy. I inspected through the key hole. I could see someone peering through the key hole staring back at me. I jumped back because I was scared. It had a sticking out nose. It's eyes were sky blue colour. I was very very scared. My hand slowly went to the door knob. I step my first step on to the land. Suddenly I turned in to a rectangle and square. I walked to a villager. I pushed him. He started to chase me. I ran to Steve. He talked to me he said " Can you help me find an Endemen please?" "Ok" I said. A Endemen is a black with blue eyes man that can teleport. "But I don't have any weapons" I said. "I have spare weapons" he said. "Here they are". He chucked me an iron sword, iron pick axe, iron axe and bow and arrows. "I am ready" I tell him. So we set off. Every night we were looking for an Endemen but one night we wanted to sleep. Something said "There is an Endemen near by". We got out of the tent. I looked behind the tent. There was the Endemen. I kill him with my sword. He dropped an endepearl. We dug so we can find a cobblestone dungeon. Finally! We found one at last. We made an Eye of Ender ( an Eye of Ender is just a little bit like an Enpold but you can't teleport ). But suddenly the door appeared. I said "Goodbye Steve" and he said the same. I went through the door and back home.
Author Thomas

I was walking through the Hamilton Zoo suddenly...a door appeared through the netting. I wonder where the door came from? I went, being brave, up closer to the door. I touched it. It was all bumpy and scratched. Step step step I went to touch the door handle. I touched it. Owww! It was slimy and slippery . Phew! I managed to get the door opened. I went inside. Arrggh! I was very anxious before I had my first step inside. I stepped inside. Pffff! I got covered in snow but I was in. Yipee!. "I'm in, I'm in, Yay!" I realised I was in the snow forest. Pfff! another plonk of snow fell on me. Before very long "Aaaarggh" A snow wolf popped put of no where. It was growling at me. Suddenly I ran off the door popped up from no where. I figure out that was THE door. The snow wolf kept on chasing me. I couldn't take it any longer so I ran to the door in time. Quickly! I got there in time to slam the door on the wolf's face "Errrrr!" It was hurt. Ohhh! I wanted to help it but I didn't want to go back in there. Suddenly..."Where have you been?" said my Mum "Let's go home".
Author Caitlyn

2 comments:

  1. What fantastic storytellers you all are Room 8 - I really enjoyed looking at your keyhole artwork in class today. Amazing! - Neesha's Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading your fabulous stories Room 8. You all having amazing ideas and I love how you have started your stories in such interesting ways. I look forward to popping into your classroom to read more of these great adventures.

    ReplyDelete