Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mixed Animals

We have been working on things authors do to create a great piece of writing

Room 8 decided they needed
*Great vocabulary
*To begin sentences in different ways
*Have detail for the reader to paint a picture
*To have different kinds of sentences, short and long
*To use punctuation to show the reader how to read our writing

The challenge was to create a piece of writing with all of these.

The Kidd-li-winks had pictures of mixed up animals to inspire their writing. 

In the distance I saw a weird object. I ran to it. My Dad came too. My Dad stood next to it and it ate him! "Noooo!!!!! Daaaaaaad!!!!" I ran and ran to the dock and called "Mum". I was gasping, I was out of breath. I tried to tell Mum but I had to calm down. "Hhh hh Mum I saw a shark horse! I know it sounds wrong but they are real! It had white skin and it's twenty feet tall and its prey are humans! Aghhh!" "Hop in the car." Vroommmm. When we got home we barricaded the house. Mum got her handgun. Nay Nay Arrghh! we heard. "It lives on the murky swamp down the road! We took out the nails and went down the road. "I can see it." Baaang!!! Mum shot it in the tummy and the neck. Next in its eyes. It stood solid and then it exploded like dynamite and Dad was alive. "Dad I thought you were dead". "Why would I be dead?" "Because you got eaten by the stupid shark horse." "Oh let's go home said Mum. 
One News, a shark horse is invading the town. "Oh no not gain". 
Written by George

In the distance I saw a strange looking animal. The strange looking animal looked like it was a shark attached to a horses legs and tail. 
Often sharks look like they're in the water. This ones crazy and ridiculous because it is on land and sharks live under water. Strangely it lived in a paddock. I think it lives there because its got a special water breathing tube with drips of water that never ends. 
The weird animal is called Shorse. The colours are metal grey on the top and cream white on the bottom. The teeth are as sharp as a chainsaw. When it jumps in the water the bandy hind legs float up to be a motor. 
It sounds like this na na na. It dives like a penguin and runs like Usain Bolt. Its food is frogodile and sea dogs. The shorse's predators are blue whales because blue whales are way bigger than them and need mpre food than it. This shows Shorse's are very dangerous and scary. Would you play with one?  
Written by Bowen

I was ambling on the beach and found a hut. I decided to go in. In the corner of my eye I saw a ludicrous cat. It looked like it had stuck a roosters head on a cats body. The creepy thing about it was it had bright green eyes but the weirdest thing why would a rooster have a long tail? But who would want a cat that looked like a rooster? It scuttles over the ground. It jumps up on two feet and jumps down on four feet. It walks strangely two four two four. Prrrcluck Prrrcluck what is that noise it sounds like a rooster and a cat. It's a Koosta. Do you want to know what koostas eat, gain. I kooosta is a funny looking animal because it has a red chin and a funny looking mow-hawk. Instead of a mouth it has a beak. It uses its beak to peck the ground to get the left over grain. I decided to keep it and have it as an inside cat rooster. 
Written by Ruby H

One day I got to go and get a per for pet day. My teacher wanted my class to grab a funny looking pet. I spotted a doubled up duck bunny. I called it Buncky. It had wind up ears with tiny fur on its little body and slim legs with three combined toes on each leg. 
Splitter Splatter Buncky was checking my house to know how it looked for his living years. I gave him soggy bread to eat for food. It will be a boy like me. I bought him a cage, a blanket, a water bowl and a bed. I loved him with all my heart. The next day I won pet day at school. I came first. Would you like to have this pet that is adorable? 
Written By Teague

Slowly I was padding on the beach when I saw something in the distance. I scooted over to it to see what it was. It sort of looked like a seal and dog combined into one. I think it was called a Seadog. 

The Seadog  is a dog head and a seal body. The head looked like it had been smashed on a boulder. Its flippers are rubbery like a flat tyre because it has no bones. It is chubby because it has layers of blubber.
It lives on land and sea. It's on soft sand during the day and its in the frosty water at night. It needs to stay near the water because if it has dry skin it has to go in the water.

The Seadog has never left the sand because it doesn't want to dry out. It doesn't go far because it is useless and blubbery. Have you ever seen a Seadog bark before? 
Written By Bella

4 comments:

  1. Wow kids! Those are amazing stories! You used some great words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing authors you are in Room 8! The adjectives you used helped paint a picture in my head of each funny animal. Ruby, your Koosta story made me laugh. I love it when a story makes me laugh! Prrrcluck Prrrrcluck. Keep up the great story writing. Mrs R

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great mixing
    up animals guys
    I like the yellow
    Rabbit on the
    ducks feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool looking anamls room8

    ReplyDelete