Thursday, October 16, 2014

Adding Detail

Henrietta wrote this amazing piece of writing. Enjoy reading it. It will captivate you from beginning to end. She has chosen the best detail to use in her writing.

Finally we arrived back at home from shopping. "Ooooo"I whispered because what I saw was really gross. Rudy my ginger cat had a black gooey tail hanging out of its butt. So we ran to the door and quickly unlocked it and by then Rudy had two little black paws. Thea picked up Rudy and took her to the birthing suite that's what me and Mum made her to have her kittens. It had blankets, towels and a hot water bottle. Dad sent all of us upstairs because we were frightened and when it was out of her bum we  were all allowed to come and see it. Also when we were upstairs I was crying because I thought the black kitten would die. Finally we could come downstairs, as soon as saw it, we all said "Oooo yuck" because it had all this blood, gunk  and umbilical chord hanging down. Rudy chewed on the umbilical chord and gobbled it all up. Straight after that Rudy started licking her first kitten.
Thirty minutes later... the second kitten was born, a cute adorable tabby. The same thing happened about the umbilical chord and the licking. Number three finally arrived, a little wet ginger, who was covered in blood even the face. Chomp, Chomp, chomp. Slurp, slurp. slurp. Snore, snore, snore Polly, my sister, was fast asleep me, Thea and Ezra were wide awake. Suddenly we heard Mum and Dad shouting at Rudy to put her fourth kitten into the birthing suite because it was born on the floor. A massive bit of blood was on the floor. Me, Thea and Ezra came down the stairs to see what was going on. "Yes! another kitten is born that means we will be able to keep a kitten". Dada was not happy because once he told us he was allergic to cats but we found out he wasn't actually allergic he just didn't like them. I felt sorry for Dad because we are letting Rudy have another batch of kittens.



2 comments:

  1. You had me hooked in right from the beginning. I couldn't wait to find out what happened. My nose even screwed up when you described the kittens being born. Terrific writing Henrietta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD I loved it.The kittens were so CUITE

    ReplyDelete